Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have a court case filed?
- Mediation is available whether or not you have or will file a case.
What does mediation cost?
- The fee depends on the type of case. See the fee schedule posted on our website or call to ask about mediation fees.
Do I need an attorney?
- You can participate in mediation with or without an attorney.
How long does mediation take?
- Generally, mediations are scheduled for two hours. But the length depends upon the type and number of issues in dispute.
Do mediators provide legal advice?
- No. If you need legal advice you should contact an attorney.
What if mediation doesn’t work?
- You can continue to work on a solution or have the court resolve your dispute.
Can I participate in mediation by telephone?
- Call our scheduling director at 303-322-6750 ext. 103 to discuss options for participating remotely.
What if I have additional questions about mediation?
- Our scheduling director would be happy to discuss any additional questions or concerns. Just call 303-322-6750 ext. 103.